Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feeling Scent-imental

When it comes to love and romance I can’t help being reminded of “Pepe Le Pew” the ultimate Romeo, Pepe had some of the best pick up lines ever…….

“Where are you, my little gumbo of chicken? Your French fried shrimp is sizzling for you".

“Permit me to introduce myself; I am your new lover.”

“Where are you, my little object of art? I am here to collect you.”

“Is it possible to be too attractive?”

“You know, most men would get discouraged by now fortunately for you, I am not most men!”

· “You stop resisting me, bebe, and I’ll stop resisting you.”· “You are the corned beef, and I am the cabbage. The corned beef is nothing without the cabbage.”

“The game of love is never called on account of darkness, my little midnight snack."

“You may call me Streetcar, because of my desire for you.”

In honor of all the Pepe's and Penelope's out there trying to keep it sweet this Valentine's Day something easy to make......just in case you get too busy doing other things!

Banana Romeo and Juliet Cake

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 (15 oz.) can crushed pineapple, not drained
1 c. sugar
3-4 bananas
1 lg. pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
1 lg. carton frozen whipped topping
1 1/2 c. flaked coconut
1 c. chopped pecans

Bake cake in a 9 x 13 inch pan as directed on package, heat pineapple with juice and the sugar for 5 minutes. Poke holes in baked cake while still warm. Pour warm pineapple mixture on top. Let cool.

Put sliced bananas on top of cake. Mix instant pudding mix as directed on package and pour on top of bananas. Add a layer of whipped topping and then sprinkle with coconut and chopped pecans.

14 comments:

Carla said...

haha I like the corned beef line the best.

Gabi said...

Ooh I love Pepe Le Pew!

My sweetie and I are always quoting him as in
" Where are you my little flowerpot- I am searching everywhere for you!" and "I pierce you with the akk-akk of love!"

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!
xoxo

Julie Hession said...

Hi Julie!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. The title took some time to come up with, but I was happy when I finally thought of it. This Pepe Le Pew posting is so cute--I ahd forgotten how clever the writing was.
Best,

Julie (from Peanut Butter and Julie)

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Julie,

What a wonderful post. I think I just found another place to share my morning coffee at.

Great!

Tonia said...

Loved the post & can't wait to try that recipe! Yum

Julie said...

Thank you Carla, there were so many great lines I wish I could remember them all.

Julie said...

You are welcome Gabi

Julie said...

Thank you Julie, I really like your blog.

Julie said...

Thank you so much Louise, that is the ultimate compliment.

Julie said...

Thank you Tonia, enjoy.

Unknown said...

hey those were funny! i think i will use one sometime soon!

Julie said...

Thanks Aamena, they really are funny.

Anonymous said...

Your Pepe Le Pew lines have me laughing out loud.

Julie said...

Thank you for stopping by Sally