Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snap, Crackle, Popular

This one is a classic loved by young and old alike and it only takes about 20 minutes to make. Rice Krispie treats are a real crowd pleaser whether presented at your holiday table or given as gifts, this one is sure to make anyone smile.

Rice Krispies for Christmas

1/4 cup butter
4 cups marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies



Food Coloring (however many drops it takes to reach your desired color)

Just double this recipe and make one batch red and one batch green. Feel free to add in any type of decorative sprinkle or candy.

Melt butter and marshmallows together; remove from heat (this is when you would stir in your food coloring). Add Rice Krispies (also add candies or sprinkles now, if using) and stir until Rice Krispies are well coated.

Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Cool and cut into squares.

6 comments:

Carla said...

I haven't had homemade Rice Krispie treats in a long time!! I tried making them once, but it didn't turn out too well. I'll have to try them again :)

Julie said...

Give them another try Carla, you'll be glad that you did.

Chris said...

Julie, you're good. Like Carla - I have not been very successful. But..I did make a cute rice krispie easter basket once! :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Julie, I love the colors you used. I love rice crispies (I know, I'm 10). :)

Julie said...

I think we are all 10 when it comes to rice krispie treats Patricia.

Julie said...

I think rice krispie treats were one of the first things I ever made on my own.....without adult supervision.