Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Monday, July 9, 2007

We saw Paula Deen make this on the food network and now it has become one of our family’s favorite pass around dishes. Depending on whose house we go to there might be something a little extra or different in the casserole. I add just a little finely chopped jalapeno to mine for a little kick. My cousin adds some cubed cooked ham and her mother likes to add bacon. The saltiness of the ham and the bacon are a real nice contrast with the sweetness of the pineapple.

Hot Pineapple Cheese Casserole

2 (20 oz.) cans chunk pineapple, drained

2 cups grated cheese (preferably sharp)
6 tbsp. flour
6 tsp. pineapple juice
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 sleeves of Ritz crackers, mashed
1 1/2 sticks butter

Mix cracker crumbs with butter. Mix all ingredients except cracker crumbs. Spread cracker mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

8 comments:

Suganya said...

First time to ur blog....U have a cool blog...I loved all the recipes in ur blog....Pineapple casserole is a great idea....

Glenna said...

I've wondered about this casserole. I'd seen it before but was unsure. Glad you guys like it enough to experiment. Now I'll be brave enough to try it. :-)

Julie said...

Sukanya I am glad you enjoyed my blog, Thank you. You really have to try this casserole you cannot believe how good it is.

Julie said...

Glenna, I thought it sounded like a strange combination when I saw her make it on the food network. It wasn't until I went to a family gathering where it was being served and I was hooked.

Cris said...

First time here! Thanks for visiting, wow, I am delighted with your recipes. This one in particular looks so yummy!

Julie said...

Thank you Cris and you are welcome. I enjoyed your blog.

Chris said...

Love this recipe! I have made it for several years and it is always a HUGE hit. How much would I love to have a conversation with Paula? :)

Julie said...

Chris, I would love to meet Paula. I feel like I know her already she seems so personable and friendly.
How bad can she be with the title; "Butter Queen"!