Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Taste Of Rochester, New York

When my grandparents retired to Florida they learned that some of their favorite Rochester foods weren't sold in Florida. A huge favorite of theirs
“Zweigles Hots”
especially their white hots. These hots pop when you cook them and pop when you bite into them and they have a flavor like no other.
When my grandparents came to Rochester for a visit they would buy a box of Zweigles white hots and freeze them for their trip home.
Well now there is a place online that sells many of the foods that Rochester is known for and they will deliver them right to your door, anywhere in the world. The place is called; “NewYorkStyleDeli.com
Living here all my life I sometimes take for granted all the wonderful foods that Rochester is famous for. If you are from Rochester or have ever visited you already know how great these products taste. For those who are unfamiliar with some of these local goods, give them a try. You will not be be disappointed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, thanks for leaving the comment at my blog. It is just about the only way for me to learn about other foodbloggers as there are so many of us and so little time to be able to visit them all!

I especially appreciated your post on Sunday Gravy and am bookmarking that for future use. (Liked reading the part requiring pork neck bones!). Also, the Italian Cucuzza hit an agreeable note as I've read about it on another blogsite and actually found the seeds at a nursery here. I just may have to go back there to buy some so that I can try your recipe for Stewed Cucuzza as well.

Beautiful sentiment behind the gist of your blog. Look forward to future posts!

Anonymous said...

I definately develop a taste for local foods that's hard to give up when I move someplace else. Heck, I was in Israel for only a month and in that short amount of time I became super attached to the local market specialities. I'm glad your grandparents can get their Zweigles Hots online now!

Ari (Baking and Books)

Anonymous said...

Julie, have you ever been to "The Latest Scoop" in Largo, FL? They have Zweigles and make their own version of Vic 'n Irv's seabreeze sauce! It's "yum"! I love those things.

Julie said...

No I haven't Anonymous, but thanks for the tip I'll be sure to check it out!