Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My name is Julie and I eat Cereal


I don’t know about the rest of you but as much as I love all the food that we
Blog about. Sometimes all I really want is a bowl of cereal. Yes, I said cereal,
I love it so much I sometimes have it for dinner. These days I go for the healthier brands
Although I am a big fan of; Frosted Flakes, Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, Corn Pops and let’s not forget Cinnamon Toast Crunch. But since I am trying to eat healthier which means cutting back on my sugar. I now choose a high fiber bran cereal which I then add dried cherries or blueberries and some almonds or walnuts to. If I need it sweeter……thank goodness for Splenda (I prefer the brown sugar blend).
The only problem with cereal is it’s usually hard to take with you whether it’s to the office or the park. Well not any more, check this out;” Cereal-to-go”. A truly great product for the cereal lover in all of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie: Thanks to Glenna of A Fridge Full of Food, I found your blog, and featured a link on my site. We have the same approach, I see,to in that we both feature recipes that relfect our family's heritage.